Patent Agent, BSEE, MBA, JD
Jessie’s broad range of experiences facilitates his abilities to prepare and prosecute patent applications relating to machine learning, transportation, software, and various electrical arts. More specifically, he has direct experience with examining, preparing, and prosecuting applications related to training and validating machine learning models, vehicle communication and control systems, wireless energy transfer systems, and power generation, transmission, and distribution systems.
Jessie worked as a patent examiner for the USPTO examining patent applications directed to inventions involving business methods, machine learning, transportation, and software prior to joining the private sector of patent preparation and prosecution. During his tenure he became well versed on patent laws and USPTO guidelines surrounding subject matter eligibility.
In addition to his work within the realm of patent prosecution and preparation, Jessie has additional private sector experience as a business owner, a product design and test manager, an automotive controls engineer, and a power design engineer. These roles have provided him with opportunities to gain a keen understanding of the importance in developing a robust and valuable intellectual property portfolio through each phase of the intellectual property life cycle process.
Power generation, transmission, and distribution including high, medium, and low voltage applications; Analog and digital circuits including vehicle electrical and communication systems; Machine learning including training and validating machine learning models
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Wichita State University
- B.A in Technology Management, University of Phoenix
- Juris Doctor, UNH Franklin Pierce School of Law
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- Former patent examiner for the United States Patent and Trademark Office in the business methods art unit
- 8 years of experience in designing and developing ignition interlock devices using various communication platforms for establishing communications with the digital and analog electrical systems of vehicles
- 7 years of power system design experience in the energy industry
- 2 years of experience in preparing and prosecuting patent applications
- Magna Cum Laude at Wichita State University
- Cum Laude at UNH Franklin Pierce School of Law