Michael D. Murphy
Member, BSEE, JD
Mike’s work combines eight years of engineering experience with eighteen years of preparing and prosecuting patent applications addressing complex technologies, for savvy clients that recognize and demand quality work.
Murphy worked as a design engineer and product development manager, specializing in embedded systems design, including hardware, software, and sensor interfacing. Murphy worked full time as a registered patent agent while attending law school in the evenings and has over 18 years of experience in IP law.
In addition to preparing and prosecuting high-tech patent applications, Mr. Murphy has legal expertise in freedom to practice / clearance opinions, patentability evaluations, patent reexamination, due diligence evaluations, patent preparation and prosecution, and trademarks.
engineering experience in embedded systems design; patenting experience in RF communications and network infrastructure, machine vision systems, motion controls, and robotics.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, WVU Institute of Technology
- Juris Doctor, NCCU School of Law, Evening Program
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- North Carolina State Bar
- Former embedded systems designer with analog, digital, and software design experience
- 18+ years of experience in patent preparation/prosecution and opinion work.
- Summa Cum Laude at WVU Institute of Technology
- Summa Cum Laude at NCCU School of Law