Of Counsel, BSECE, BSCS, JD
Justin brings to MBH over 12 years’ experience in preparing and prosecuting patent applications in the electrical and communication fields. Preferred by patent-savvy companies for his skill in crafting plain-English claims to broadly cover complex inventions, Justin routinely drafts strategic and high-valued patent applications for clients recognized among the world’s top patent filers.
Justin’s patent work spans all aspects of telecommunications, from physical layer signal processing and RF circuitry to higher-layer software protocols, positioning, and security. With a focus on his clients’ business interests in the telecommunications industry and a low-level understanding of the 4G and 5G telecommunication standards, Justin has deep experience in building standard-essential patent portfolios designed to withstand scrutiny in due diligence and litigation.
Justin’s work at MBH further extends to trademark prosecution as well as to counseling clients with opinions on patent freedom to operate, non infringement, and validity, as well as trademark freedom to operate.
Telecommunications, internet-of-things (IoT) and smart homes, vehicle-to-everything (V2X) communications, power transmission and distribution systems, memory devices, robotic tooling, computer networking and graphics, consumer devices, web technologies and interfaces, and video encoding.
- B.S. in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Duke University
- B.S. in Computer Science, Duke University
- Juris Doctor, UNC Chapel Hill School of Law
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- North Carolina State Bar
- 12 years’ experience in preparing and prosecuting patent applications
- Magna Cum Laude at Duke University
- Tau Beta Pi National Honor Society
- Samsung American Legion Scholar