Murphy, Bilak & Homiller, PLLC
Associate Attorney /
Murphy, Bilak & Homiller PLLC (MBH) is boutique intellectual property law firm located in Cary, North Carolina. We have a robust, collaborative practice that focuses on complex technology in the semiconductor, telecommunications, and consumer electronics industries. MBH was ranked #17 in Juristat’s most recent rankings of top U.S. patent firms, which considers both volume and performance.
We are seeking a patent attorney or agent who is passionate about producing high-quality work on complex, highly technical matters with sophisticated clients. Successful candidates should meet the following requirements.
- Electrical Engineering degree (at least B.S.E.E.) from an accredited university, with demonstrated academic achievement.
- USPTO registration in good standing.
- 1+ years of law firm patent preparation and prosecution experience in technical fields relevant to MBH’s client base, under the supervision of an experienced patent attorney.
- Demonstrated ability to finish tasks on time and within allotted budget.
- Demonstrated ability to draft concise, organized, and well-reasoned Office Action responses.
- For attorney candidates, J.D. from an accredited U.S. law school with demonstrated academic achievement, along with admission to a state bar.
- Strongly preferred: Academic background and/or industry work experience in a technology field relevant to MBH’s client base.
- Preferred: 2-4 years law firm patent preparation and prosecution experience.
Highly motivated and productive individuals will find income opportunities that meet or exceed those available at large firms. In addition, MBH offers a highly competitive benefits package including 401k (including employer contribution), profit sharing, and comprehensive medical and dental insurance with large networks.
Employees at MBH also get the benefits of living in the Raleigh-Durham area, which was recently ranked by U.S. News & World Report in the top 10 “Best Places to Live” in the U.S. Raleigh and Durham were also ranked by Forbes as the second- and third-most educated cities in the U.S.
When applying to this position, please include a cover letter, resume, and writing samples. Your writing samples should include: 1) at least one patent application for which you drafted the specification and claims; and 2) at least one substantive Office action response.